Mobile Guard M53: Wed, Thu, Fri & every other Sat: 1900-0700hrsAdd Job to My Job Selections
Mississauga, ON, Canada Hide Search Results
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
06/10/2022, 12:00 PM
06/17/2022, 04:00 PM
High School Graduate
JOB SUMMARY: As part of Securitas Mobile operation provides guard services to project a security presence, which may include operating a vehicle to perform patrol, inspection, and/or incident response services.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Duties consist primarily of Security Guard duties within an Mobile operation. May be assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of command in conformance with contract requirements or to facilitate the delivery of service, according to business necessity.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Provides mobile guarding services to project a security presence, which may include operating a vehicle to perform patrol, inspection, and/or incident response services; maintains radio or other communications contact with office or base to report status or incidents, or to request additional assistance or response.
2. Checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings, grounds and security devices; monitors and sets security devices.
3. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
4. Prepares logs or reports as required for patrol route; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
5. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required.
6. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for assignment, by the company, or through training or certification.
7. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
• Must have the legal right to work in the Canada.
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English and French in the province of Quebec.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
• Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background investigation.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable licensing requirements for Security Guards.
• Driving record must meet company and/or insurance standards.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
• Ability to be an effective team member and to work independently.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
• Courteous telephone manner.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
• Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to provide high quality customer service.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands) With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
• May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
• Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, that may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• May require driving vehicle for long periods of time in the performance of duties.
• On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
• Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
• May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients’ assets and people. Our core values – Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness – are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we’re looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Securitas Canada’s Mission:
Securitas’ mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas Aviation’s Mission:
Securitas Aviation ensures the safety of passengers all over the world providing thorough security checks at airports in Canada
Securitas’ core values – Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness – are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don’t compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don’t. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers’ premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.