The Clinic Administrator/Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of clerical office duties in support of clinic administration. This includes ensuring all clients receive a friendly and knowledgeable experience while visiting the clinic. This individual will be responsible for greeting clients as they arrive, attending to the phone lines, responding to inquiries, processing payments, direct billing and scheduling appointments. The Guest Service Administrator will also be responsible for a variety of other assigned administrative duties to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the clinic.
- Tentative Schedule: Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Communicate value in clinic membership to build clientele and clinic growth
- Assist therapists in keeping their work flow efficient and organized
- Myriad administrative duties including appointment scheduling and record-keeping
- Do laundry and clean the clinic as needed to keep it fresh and welcoming for clients
- Balance accounts and paperwork
- Communicate regularly and effectively with owner/clinic manager
- Greet all clients promptly and courteously as they arrive at the clinic, checking them in and notifying the therapist if needed.
- Respond to client’s inquiries providing knowledgeable and accurate information on a variety of topics including but not limited to membership, billing inquiries and scheduling.
- Assist new clients to the clinic and walk-ins providing information pertaining to services offered, hours of operation, payment options/option of direct billing, membership and all other relevant information.
- Provide new clients with required paperwork ensuring all signatures are obtained and important information is noted, inputting into the clinic’s software.
- Update client personal information as requested such as change of address, change in phone number and change to or addition of benefits provider.
- Verify all appointments have been entered into the software application accurately.
- Process payment for treatments performed billing the client or direct bill client’s insurance provider.
- Collect monies owing from clients after their treatment, processing cash, debit and credit transactions.
- Provide interpretation of insurance and billing statements as requested.
- Attend to the clinic’s multi-line phone system, answering calls in a timely and friendly manner, responding to inquiries and providing information as requested.
- Book appointments over the phone and in person according to the clinic’s booking policy and procedures.
- Contact clients with reminder calls of their upcoming appointments, advising of any pertinent appointment specific information such as payments or charges. Reschedule appointments as necessary.
- Process insurance payments as they arrive from insurance providers entering accurately into the software application.
- Prepare bank deposits of insurance cheques and payments received.
- Ensure the reception area, waiting room, hallway, treatments rooms, washroom(s), staff room are clean and tidy at all times.
- Pull and file client charts daily to ensure efficient operations and prepare for the following business day.
- Perform any tasks and duties as assigned from time to time by management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- A post-secondary diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Telus eHealth
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- 12-15 Hours/week
Part-time hours: 12-15 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Up to $17.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Telus eHealth: 1 year (preferred)