Starting from $20.55 / hour
Role purpose: Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure facility. Protects employees, visitors and assets of Maple Lodge Farms.
Shift: 12-hour day shift
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Monitors and provides controlled access to the Maple Lodge Farms facility. Enforce Company policy where required.
- Investigate security related incidents. Provides emergency response as needed. Writes and prepares reports as required for submission to the Security Supervisor.
- Operates a base radio and dispatches Security staff as required, provides money escorts, answers phones, and monitors security cameras.
- Ensures the security of the main facility after hours by performing mobile and foot patrols, and by using a scanning device as required.
- Performs checks of the shareholder premises.
- Opens offices and rooms for Company staff as required.
- Provides lost-and-found services.
- Performs monthly fire extinguisher checks as required by law.
- Performs lighting and fence check reports as required.
- Issues hot work permits to contractors, and monitors performance.
- Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years’ related experience and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the Security function at an industrial establishment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to write clear and legible reports;
- Ability to take control of emergency situations with tact and diplomacy required;
- Effective conflict resolution and sound decision making skills;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Class driver’s license, and operate a motor vehicle as required.
- Able to work a 12-hour shift, including weekends and holidays;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Security and Law Enforcement preferred;
- Must possess a valid Security Guard license as per the Ontario Ministry of Private Security and Investigative Services Act;
- Must possess a valid G license
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
- Internal and external physical rounds of MLF and May properties (Brampton, Chicken Shop & Mississauga) by foot as well as by vehicle in a variety of weather conditions.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
1-3 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Clear knowledge and understanding of the Security function at an industrial establishment;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to write clear and legible reports
Ability to take control of emergency situations with tact and diplomacy required
Effective conflict resolution and sound decision making skills
Must possess a valid Ontario G Class driver’s license, and operate a motor vehicle as required
Able to work a 12-hour shift, including weekends and holidays
Computer literacy (MS Office)
In the 1830s, the May family began raising chickens on a farm outside what is now Brampton, Ontario. They became a pillar of the community, and their proud tradition of hard work, agricultural wisdom, and humble family values inspire and guide us to this day.
8301 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Brampton, ON, CA, L6Y 0A2