Gate Gourmet (Canada) Inc.
Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Schedule an interview
Gate Gourmet Mississauga unit Hiring Event, 2498 Britannia Road East, Mississauga, ON L5P 1A2 CA
Date and time
Eastern Daylight Saving Time
Jun 7, 2022 | 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Each candidate will have their own time slot.
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
A Make & Pack employee will assemble airline meals containing food and food related items. Create trays based upon a predetermined gold standard and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Own transportation is an asset as public transport is limited in the area.
This position is represented by a labour Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement/s.
- Work 8 hours rotative shifts that will include weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required, will be frequent during busy season and holiday rotation
- Arrive to work on-time and be punctual
- Pass a criminal background check
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions and specs provided
- Work as a member of a team and respect each other
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety policies posted
- Must understand and adhere to Health & Safety guidelines
- Compliance with Attendance Policies
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled safety meetings
- Upholds company policies and safety standards
- Able to lift 25 lbs. as required
- Able to lift, push, pull and maneuver 25 lbs. as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communicator (oral and written), who demonstrates sound judgment, tact, and works well in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work independently, organizes work to ensure full proficiency and productivity is achieved
- Ability to handle high volume of work
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task
- Able to adapt to change with sometimes little notice.
- Self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in an environment that encourages and fosters teamwork, participation, creativity, honesty and mutual respect.
- Knowledge of safe lifting techniques, as regular and repetitive heavy lifting (approx. 25lbs) is required.
- Ability to work shift work
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
Environmental Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- In a normal production kitchen facility, there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise
- Subject to cold temperatures (ranging from +5 degrees Celsius to at or below 0-degrees Celsius)
- Subject to cold temperatures
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies approximately fifty (25lbs.) pounds
- This is a physically demanding position – Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
How to attend
All applicants must be fully vaccinated. Masks are mandatory throughout our facility. If you have safety shoes please wear them, you will have the opportunity to go on a tour. Please bring two pieces of id with you, one must be a photo id.
Once you arrive, please stop at our security gatehouse and tell them your here for the hiring event. One of our professional recruiters will greet you at the front door.
What to prepare
- Two pieces of id (one must be a photo id)
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Gate Gourmet (Canada) Inc.
Gate Gourmet is the leading global provider of airline catering solutions and provisioning services for airlines, both in-flight at over 200 airports as well as at airport lounges. From menu design through execution and delivery, our passion is giving our airline customers and their passengers an exceptional experience.
Working with our airline customers and business partners, our talented chefs develop innovative culinary creations that delight the passenger senses. Our operational excellence team and program ensures standardized and consistent catering services across the globe while our extended supply chain and complex logistics operations deliver reliable on-time handling.
Our passion for culinary innovation and commitment to operational excellence enables our airline customers to provide their passengers with an exceptional dining experience.
Why Work for Us?
Gate Gourmet is a great place to work! We offer many perks and benefits to our employees including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Shift Premiums
- Paid Training
- Subsidized Employee Meals
- Free Parking
- Employee Recognition Program
- Supportive Management Staff
- Cross-Functional Training Opportunities
- Corporate discounts (Good Life Fitness, Telus Mobility and Bell Mobility)
Potential Growth Opportunities and Advancement Within the Company
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!