Primary Job Posting Location:
Concord, Ontario Canada
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Toronto Hub – 2900 Steeles Ave., Concord ON
Air Cargo Screeners are responsible to ensure that our international volume is screened to minimize the security risk to our air network. This involves screening packages through an X-Ray machine, ETD, and physical search. Screeners work within a team environment and together we ensure regulatory compliance and legislation is maintained with all applicable laws and regulations in accordance with Transport Canada (TC) and UPS standards.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity that offers:
- Full benefits
- On the job training and career development
- Monday through Friday (5 days a week – must be available to work all 5 days)
- Shift: 6 PM – 10 PM (approx.)
- This is a part time role which is typically 4 hours a day. However, depending on the volume, employees may be required to stay longer as they are dealing with time sensitive packages that need to be distributed so they make service.
- Screen packages through X-Ray machine, ETD, and physical search
- Safeguard that only authorized personnel enter screening area (UPS Challenge Policy)
- Assist with maintaining documentation and record keeping
- Work within a time-sensitive and fast paced warehouse environment
- Regular compliance training
- $17.00 / per hour to start
- Merit increases once a year
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits after 60 days
- Immediate access to employee discounts
- Promotion from within – career development and growth opportunities!
- Defined Company Pension Plan (DCPP) – HR to provide details
- On the job training!
- EAP – employee assistance program
- Steady work schedule
- Great teamwork environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – Excel an asset
- Previous law and security education or experience an asset
- Able to lift up to 70lbs and work in a fast-paced environment
- Criminal background record check – which includes a 5-year history check
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
To apply for this job please click the link below en.jobs-ups.ca.