Primary Job Posting Location:
Concord, Ontario CanadaBefore you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Move/shift Company trailers within a defined area.
• Adhere to and follow company established safety rules and procedures.
• Follow and execute company-established safe/defensive driving methods.
• Drive with and reverse dollies, 28’ trailers and 53’ trailers.
• Valid Ontario G2/G Driver’s License
• Clean Driver’s Abstract showing:
a) No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
b) No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
• Full availability to work Tuesday to Saturday (all five days of the week) with a start time of 2:00 AM
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment and staying longer than the usual shift hours depending on the operational needs and package shipment volume
• Ontario AZ Driver’s License and/or Tractor-Trailer experience would be considered an asset
• Ability to lift and push up to 75 pounds.
• Able to assist with extra weekend work occasionally.
Compensation and Benefits:
• $16.65/hr and automatic progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
• Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
• 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
• Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per referred Package Handler)
• Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
• Paid training
• Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
• Free parking
• Exposed to changing/extreme temperatures while working in a warehouse environment and/or outdoors.
• Working in loud environments.
• In our industry this position is also known as Yard Driver, Shifter, Shunter etc. AZ is not required but is considered an asset.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
To apply for this job please click the link below en.jobs-ups.ca.