Work authorization (Required)
Shipping & receiving: 1 year (Required)
Forklift Licence (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Due North is a leader in the manufacturing of quality refrigerated and frozen food merchandisers and are well known by the Minus Forty® & QBD brand name of products. Our customers find the convenience, and reliability of our innovative spot merchandising and business products across North America a key contributor to their business’ success.
A wide product portfolio of commercial refrigeration products and the ability to customize products within a short time frame, has earned us the trust and confidence of our customers in a variety of markets. We cater to ice cream vendors, frozen novelty merchandisers, frozen food vendors, refrigerated food merchandisers, and we’re business partners with major corporations in the food industry.
Our team of focused and friendly professionals are always happy to serve our customers, who we have been serving for over 30 years.
At Due North our people make us better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast-growing organization.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Shipping and Receiving Associate with excellent attention to detail to join our team! This position will report to the Production Supervisor.
What you will do
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documentation
- Prepare, package and schedule out-going shipments with transport companies
- Ship customer orders and branch transfers ensuring all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Ensure accuracy and quality of orders being loaded
- Track shipments as required
- Receive, unload and sort orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Inspect and compare incoming orders against invoices, record shortages and/or defects
What you have to offer
- 1-2 years’ experience in shipping/receiving
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Forklift license is an asset
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Accuracy in data entry into computer software applications
- Experience in using an ERP system an asset
- Licensed Fork Lift Operator preferred
How to apply
- Individuals interested in this position can forward their resume and cover letter directly through the Indeed posting link.
- While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due North is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our team as safe as possible we have implemented physical distancing in all departments, masks are worn at all times indoors, increase in cleaning and sanitation measures, hand sanitizer readily available, and electronic screening is done daily.
- Shipping & receiving: 1 year (required)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.