- $15/ hour + tips
- Free Employee Parking
- Full Benefits
- Employee Meal Plan
- Medical plan options for employees and their dependents
We are only accepting applicants who currently reside in Canada, AND who have a valid work permit/PR card or citizenship.
SSP Canada operates several restaurants throughout Toronto Pearson International Airport located in Mississauga, ON. Our restaurants include: Tim Horton’s, Freshii’s, Boccone, Mill Street, Camden, Urban Crave, Tap & Pour, Dirty Bird, Distillery Food Hall, Built Burger, Upper Crust.
If you enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment, then come check us out!
Here are some things you can expect as a Server with SSP Canada:
- Answer questions and offer suggestions regarding food, beverages, and services of the facility
- Accurately input orders into the POS system
- Prepare dishes for service, to include ladling soup, tossing salads, cutting portions of pie and desserts, and brewing coffee
- Observe guests to anticipate their needs and respond to any additional requests
- Clear all dishes away from table
- Balance and reconcile all assigned open and closed checks by totaling bills and accepting payments
- Clear and reset all counters or tables at the conclusion of each course
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Other Requirements
- 6 months experience working in retail or food service environment is essential.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Verbal and written communication is essential. Must be able to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Experience in dealing with problems involving customer service.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and total all other charges.
- Food handlers permit as required by law.
- Brand certification as required.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard & point of sale procedures to pre-check an order & close out a check.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
Benefits, Compensation and Care:
At SSP Canada we believe if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our passengers. That’s why we offer competitive benefits, and our first source for filling management positions is our internal team.
- Health & Prescription Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Plan
- Paid Public Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- RSP (Retirement Savings Plan)
- Awards and Recognition
- Meal Plan
- Free Parking
- Uniform Shirts and Apparel Accessories are Provided (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program (including short-term counseling, simple will, financial & legal consultation, referrals for child/elder
SSP Canada complies with the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 with respect to accommodating employees with disabilities in the workplace. If you require accommodation due to a disability, please speak with our Human Resources Department.
We are food travel experts from SSP America. We are passionate about bringing cool, authentic restaurants to airports that represent a taste of place.
To apply for this job please click the link below www.indeed.com.