Website Sun Life Financial
Senior Managing Director, SLC Operations – SLC Management page is loaded Senior Managing Director, SLC Operations – SLC Management Apply locations Waterloo, Ontario Sun Life Toronto One York time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id JR SLC Management is a growing global asset management firm providing innovative and diversified investment solutions to institutional investors. We are breaking new ground with a full spectrum of solutions for a growing institutional client base of more than 1300 organizations. As a subsidiary of Sun Life, we are aligned with one of the world’s leading financial services companies, and benefit from the stability and strength of that relationship.
We are a performance-driven organization with a deliberate focus on fostering a development-focused, inclusive culture revolving around our Core Values of being client obsessed, valuing each other, acting with speed and having an owner’s mindset. As part of our team, you play a role in fulfilling our purpose and making a difference. We offer a rewarding work environment that is filled with opportunity for growth where you will be empowered to meet the challenges of a highly competitive landscape.
Visit our website to learn more and for the most up to date AUM information.
Hybrid Work Model
SLC Management operates in a hybrid environment with a mix of in-office and virtual work where our employees are empowered to do their best. Generally, employees are expected to work two-three days in-office each week with flexibility depending on their business, client and team needs.
SLC Management offers the best of two worlds to professionals looking for opportunity, challenge, and growth. We are breaking ground with innovative solutions for a growing institutional client base of more than 1000 organizations. As a subsidiary of Sun Life, we are aligned with one of the world’s leading financial services companies, and benefit from the stability and strength of that relationship.
Our teams live by a set of core beliefs that put our clients’ needs and goals first. We are looking for talented professionals at all stages of their financial careers: those who are ready to learn and those who are ready to lead.
In this impactful role, the incumbent will be responsible for the leading a 75+ multifaceted team responsible for investment trade administration, settlement, custody, valuation, performance measurement & attribution, strategy & vendor relationships, client reporting and billing for the Fixed Income pillar of SLC Management.
How you will contribute:
- Plays a lead role in overseeing the transformation of foundational operations processes and culture to achieve greater alignment of purpose and outcome for clients.
- Accountable for the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the processes, tools, controls, and people required to deliver exceptional quality and timely service of the trading functions.
- Responsible for the development and compliance of effective controls for all business processes and transactions, internal and external, to meet business standards and objectives in line with SLC risk and compliance policies.
- Responsible for partnering with the Data, End-to-End and Client Experience platforms to integrate legacy processes and systems to achieve Straight Thru Processing.
- Will have a focus on external trends in digital, automation and advancements in technology to develop a long-term vision for the combined operations of the company.
- Oversight of the pricing, valuation and performance measurement & attribution reporting for all asset classes, accounts, and funds with a focus on error avoidance.
- Accountable for the effective management of SLC’s external vendors and strategic relationships including the Sun Life Global Service Centre including contract negotiation, management, and budgeting.
- Oversight of client reporting and billing function to ensure quality and flexibility to meet clients’ changing needs/demands.
- Accountable for the interaction with and production of the information required to facilitate reporting to our clients (General Account and 3rd Party), on-boarding of new clients and billing.
- Overseeing the triaging of all errors and engaging all key stakeholders in resolution.
- Member of several Committees including the Agile Project Management Committee, the Product and Service Committee, etc.
- Integral Advisor/Consultant regarding the capacity to scale, the ability to offer new services/products, onboarding, new reporting, etc.
- Accountable for fostering and implementing a continuous improvement mindset and environment.
- Accountable for determining which processes can be outsourced either internally or externally to improve quality or provide savings to the organization.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all stakeholders of investment operations, including distribution, client relations, compliance, legal, enterprise services, finance, and the front office.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining a climate that supports talented, capable, and highly engaged employees empowered to execute exceptionally well.
What you will bring with you:
- Experience in effectively leading significant change initiatives in a matrix organization.
- Success in creating an operational vision and implementing it to achieve efficiency, control, and scalability.
- Extensive capital markets industry background, including trade settlement, fund accounting, product knowledge, regulatory requirements, and process discipline.
- In-depth understanding of investment operations processes (trading and investment administration)
- Strong investment knowledge in public and private fixed income, structured products, public and private equity, ETFs, real estate, and various types of derivatives
- Demonstrable knowledge of investment risk principles
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong problem solving and sound decision-making ability.
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions, experience developing and successfully executing strategies and plans.
- Strong communication, organizational skills, a positive attitude, and proven ability to negotiate and influence others to obtain desired results.
- Proven ability to communicate business unit strategies and create a line of sight for the organization.
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills; ability to work effectively with leaders across the organization as well as external partners and customers.
Additional skills / experience:
- 10+ years in fund administration and investment operations in asset management at a senior level, leading teams
- Extensive knowledge of applicable regulations
- Extensive experience in operational areas
- University level education, preferably in an Accounting, Finance or Commerce speciality
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning/up-skilling.
- Some travel required (North American)
Why SLC Management?
- Opportunity to work for a growing global institutional asset manager
- Excellent benefits and wellness programs to support the three pillars of your well-being – mental, physical and financial – including generous vacation and sick time, market-leading maternity, parental and adoption leave top up program, a partially-paid sabbatical program and much more
- Pension, stock and savings programs with an employer-paid match to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A flexible hybrid work environment with a friendly, caring, collaborative and inclusive culture focused on career growth development
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- Award winning workplace culture – Great Place to Work Certified in Canada and the U.S., 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor, Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work – 2021, “Best Places to Work in Money Management” by Pension & Investments
SLC Management is a regulated business, and this means that there are certain financial reporting and trading preclearance requirements for all employees. Successful candidates will be required to declare personal investment accounts and securities investments as well as seek preclearance on future transactions including those of household members.
General Management Salary Range
195,000/ – 270,000/ The Base Pay range is for the primary location of the job. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce offering wide perspectives and creative ideas that benefit our clients, teams and the communities where we operate. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds . click apply for full job details
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69521494__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→