Website House of Commons of Canada Chambre des communes du Canada
The House of Commons Administration delivers outstanding services to Members of Parliament and their employees in support of parliamentary democracy. Our success is made possible by our talented and dedicated workforce. We leverage diversity in all its forms and recognize that everyone has valuable contributions to make and the potential for individual growth. If you dream of joining an organization that is small enough for you to be noticed, but big enough to provide you with a meaningful career, then we want to hear from you!
The House of Commons’ Digital Services and Real Property is currently looking to staff to build a pool of qualified candidates for future Senior IT Project Manager position openings.
The Senior Information Technology (IT) Project Managers are accountable for providing project leadership, planning, implementation and delivery of complex projects. In addition, you work on large scale, high impact and mission critical multi-disciplinary and multifaceted Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, facilities, services and applications projects established in support of the House of Commons’ strategic IT directions and priorities. Senior IT Project Managers may also be called upon to lead Agile Scrum teams and coordinate activities related to major initiatives.
Top Reasons to Join the Program Management Office
Within the Digital Services IT PMO team, you will work on projects that directly impact the functioning of parliament and our members. This role provides constant opportunities for growth, exploration, and innovation. Our team values and encourages development and training opportunities as well as a healthy work life balance by providing flexible working hours and schedules.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Work-life balance /35-hour workweek
- 4 weeks’ vacation (minimum)
- University degree in either Computer Science, Engineering, Project Management OR an acceptable combination of post-secondary education with relevant experience.
- Experience in the management of information technology projects encompassing all project stages, from inception to deployment and closeout;
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary information technology projects including at least two of following types of projects: (1) COTS system implementation or major upgrades, (2) software development, (3) deployment projects of new software/hardware technology on a large scale;
- Experience in preparing project documentation including Project Charters, Project Plans, Closeout Reports;
- Experience in preparing and presenting project updates to senior executives and project stakeholders;
- Experience in managing projects in Agile methodology;
- Experience in leading scrum teams.
- Scrum Master Certification;
- PMP Certification;
- Experience using Microsoft AzureDevOps;
- Experience in developing and implementing change management plans to support the introduction of new/improved technology solutions to clients.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace by providing a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you have an accommodation request, require material in an accessible format, or need additional support with the application process, please contact Recruitment and Selection Services at HOCCareers-CarrieresCDC@parl.gc.ca.
Each bilingual position is assigned a linguistic profile that identifies the level of second language proficiency for reading comprehension, written expression and oral interaction required. The profile for this position is BBC. Consideration may be given to candidates with other linguistic profiles.
Qualified candidates may be considered for future vacancies for this role or for other similar and/or related roles on an indeterminate and/or fixed term basis.
Learn more about us! Visit Ourcommons.ca.
To learn about our hiring process, visit Eligibility and Selection.
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69522464__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→