Are you ready to suit up?
Working at GardaWorld means being committed to protecting our clients’ people and assets as if they were our own.
We are proud to work with the Canadian Border Services Agency in providing security professionals at our airport support locations in Toronto.
If you are looking to take your policing education to the working world, or looking to enter the field of corrections, this opportunity may be your next step.
What’s in it for you?
- $22.20 pay rate, upon successfully completing the customized training program for this role
- Part time weekend hours
- Uniform provided free of charge
- Career advancement opportunities in the security field or within the head office
- Continuing education through GardaWorld Campus like Use of Force training
What does a CBSA Security Guard in Etobicoke do?
- Ensure the protection of people, assets, and property at a correctional facility
- Ability to show empathy and compassion, while protecting individuals who are held at airport entry
- This work requires vigilance and efficiency, but also a talent for customer service
- The safe and secure control and custody of individuals in all the work sites and at other locations
- Report writing
- Applying use of force principles and methods for intervention when handling individuals
- Monitoring individual’s behaviour through active engagement and using verbal de-escalation techniques, as required
Qualification to become a CBSA Security Guard in Etobicoke.
- A valid Ontario security guard license
- A current first aid/CPR certificate
- Canadian citizen or permanent residency in Canada for the past 5 years
- 1 year volunteer or paid work in the vulnerable sector
- 1 year security guard experience
- Graduate of a Canadian educational organization (such as high school, secondary, or vocational)
- Availability to work flexible hours during the weekend
Job Segment: Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Part Time
To apply for this job please click the link below jobs.garda.com.