Location: 3520 Laird Road Mississauga L5L 5Z7
About the Role
Are you ready to join an exciting and dynamic team? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as a Sanitation Associate. As a Sanitation Associate, you will report to the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for maintaining the overall sanitation within the facility.
What you will be doing
- Breaking down cardboard and loading it into the compactor
- Keeping the production floors clean of debris
- Sweep and mop the floors as needed
- Dispose of waste generated by the production lines
- Use approved chemicals to clean and disinfect surfaces
- Refill soap and hand towels in the bathrooms and lunchroom
- Complete the daily sanitation paperwork as per FSQA requirements
- Helping on the production lines as needed
- General cleaning of all facility areas
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience in a food processing, manufacturing or service industry
- Has experience standing for prolonged periods of time including regular bending, twisting and walking
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and alert while multitasking in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
- Willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (0°C to 4°C)
- Willing and able to push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, in addition to having strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays as required
- 1 year experience in Sanitation or Janitorial is considered an asset.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the “Apply Now” button. If this role doesn’t quite match what you’re looking for, but you’d like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We’d love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please click the link below ca.indeed.com.