ShopThing is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven sales leader to join our team as our first North American Sales Manager, Shoppers! In this role, you will be responsible for driving the sales performance of our North American shopper team. We are seeking a highly motivated sales professional who is a natural people-person, a great communicator, a motivator, and a problem solver with a strong leadership presence. This fast-paced and high-performance role will require you to push your sales teams to hit key sales targets. Candidates must be located in the Greater Toronto Area, however, travel to the US to work with our Shopper teams located in Miami, LA and New York will be required from time to time.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage, coach, and scale a team of high-performing Shoppers
- Play an active role in hiring, onboarding/training the shopper team based out of Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, and Miami
- Lead and motivate the shopper team by offering constructive and mobilizing feedback on their performance
- Regularly set, monitor, and adapt sales targets and strategies for your sales team members
- Set performance targets and optimize staffing per city to yield market targets
- Utilize quantitative reporting to assist in root cause analysis of performance issues and to support decision-making as it relates to location and sales team success
- Attend shopping events with the shopper team to gather & share qualitative feedback related to shopper sales success
- Spearhead growth in each market by identifying opportunities to support the sourcing of potential shopper candidates
Who We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience working in a high-performance sales environment
- Known for unifying leadership with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively coach, mentor, and motivate a sales force
- A strategic mind, constantly in solution mode
- Strong sense of work organization and ability to work independently with little direction
- Possess qualities to maximize engagement and the performance of your sales team. To recognize their strengths and develop shopper talents
- At ease with IT and office tools and demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative data to support decision-making as it relates to the performance of the shopper team
- Ability to drive individual and team performance through coaching, mentorship and setting of clear sales targets
- Ability to travel for work including weekends and retail holidays
- Background in sales, preferably in retail is considered an asset
ShopThing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. ShopThing celebrates and embraces diversity.
As a member of the ShopThing team, you can expect:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Health Insurance options including Medical and Dental benefits
- An excuse to always look your best via our ShopThing employee discount on goods purchased though the app!
- An inclusive and collaborative environment to join
- An opportunity to be a part of building the future of live video in commerce in North America!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. ShopThing is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact job description.
We’re on a mission to transform the way people shop and sell through live video commerce. Having raised our Series A financing round from top VCs, we are gearing up to take over the l-commerce space, one live shopping trip at a time, and bring the $430 billion gig economy to North America with the help of top-tier retail brands, influencers and 500,000+ users.
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69531932__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→