Website Interior Health Authority
This position may qualify for up to $10,000 as a signing bonus and/or be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join our Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) team as an Episodic Overdose Prevention and Nurse Prescriber in beautiful Lillooet, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse:
• Functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) or Tertiary Mental Health Services multi-disciplinary care team
• Ensures that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services
• Provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life
• Functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families
This position is a split between the Episodic Overdose Prevention and Nurse Prescriber roles.
We are seeking applicants with an understanding of supervised consumption services, knowledge of harm reduction principals and ability to work with clients with complex mental health and substance use disorders. Previous experience with the marginalized, homeless population would be helpful.
This position supports with the initial intake and assessment for clients interested in the Opiate Agonist program.
Working in a system of care, the RN/RPN will work with physicians and community services to ensure therapy initiation, support and streamlined transition and continuity of care.
You will also work as an integral part of an integrated mental health and substance use service. The Nurse provides services such as Opiate Agonist Therapies, support and recovery, substance use crisis support, episodic overdose prevention services and support to individuals experiencing acute and/or chronic problem substance use.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Shifts of work are Monday to Friday days from 08:30 to 16:30.
About this location/unit:
Spectacular scenery, wildlife, and history are just around the corner. Lillooet is within easy driving distance of Vancouver, Whistler, Kamloops and the Fraser Valley. For active people, the recreational potential of Lillooet is unlimited.
The area’s large unspoiled mountains, valleys and lakes offer breathtaking scenery and first class opportunities for the outdoorsman.
Lillooet is also fortunate to have a first-class recreational facility that houses an indoor swimming pool(closed during summer), ice rink, racquetball and squash courts, gymnasium, daycare, public library and meeting rooms. Come and see what our community has to offer!
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply Today!
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__70577865__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→