Website Interior Health Authority
This position may qualify be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the Kelowna General Hospital in beautiful Kelowna, B.C. If you are an experienced registered nurse and would like to move into Intensive/Critical Care nursing but do not have formal education, we would love to consider you for paid in-house training.
This training would require an 18-month return of service commitment and is expected to start on April 8, 2024.
This in-house Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) program uses the standardized, evidence informed online curriculum authored by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (ACCN), called ECCO and Essentials of ECG & Dysrhythmia Monitoring.
The ECCO program has three (3) components:
• Required Theory (115 hours)
• Clinical Lab Hours (155 hours)
• Preceptorship led Clinical Practicum (180 hours)
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a PERMANENT FULL-TIME opportunity. Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:45, 19:30 to 07:45, 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
Kelowna General Hospital’s (KGH) Multi-System ICU department consists of 19 patient care beds.
RNs work 11.25 hour shifts and there are 14 on day shift and 13 on night shift.
Our department provides an exceptional professional environment for Critical Care nursing and our nurses have excellent clinical and communication skills, high commitment of professionalism and commitment as team players. We have a future of unparalleled opportunity for professional growth. Patient populations include trauma, sepsis, medical, and surgical (orthopedic, neurology, thoracic, vascular, plastics, general).
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__70577954__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→