Website Ottawa Salus
Job Title: Program Manager
Number of position(s): One (1)
Job Type: (1) Permanent Full-time excluded position (Monday to Friday) with flexibility for after-hour coverage.
Date of Posting: December 21, 2023
Date of Closing: January 11, 2024
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
The Program Manager will be responsible for operating and improving our clinical programs including leading and supervising staff. They play a critical role in the development and achievement of the agency’s goals and objectives, providing exceptional leadership to our clinical and front-line staff and ensuring that our programs and services are delivered within the framework of our vision, mission, goals, and expected outcomes.
Areas of responsibility of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a member of the program management team to develop and implement policies and procedures for the smooth running of the program areas.
- Manages the implementation and administration of Salus’ clinical programs.
- Manages quality assurance to ensure that the program is meeting its goals and objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
- Ensures adherence to the agency vision, values and mission program/service/partnership goals and outcomes and specifically that front-line staff operate within the logic model.
- Ensures that Ottawa Salus works within its purview as a supportive housing service provider, in accordance with the Mental Health Act and the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Manages the recruitment and onboarding of staff and students on placement.
- Provides clinical supervision to staff. Trains, coaches and supports staff to ensure they have the tools to deliver quality supportive housing programs/services that result in a high level of client/tenant satisfaction and housing stability.
- Approve and monitor leaves and provide back-up to staff working outside office hours.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community partners, and represents Salus in its Supportive Housing Services role, including by not limited to housing, emergency and support service providers.
- Serve as the management representative and lead on committees.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Administrative experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Five years’ experience in supportive housing for vulnerable individuals, specifically adults living with serious mental illness and addictions, as well as individuals who are homeless and/or who have been in conflict with the law.
- Two years or more supervisory experience, preferably in the mental health field, in a unionized environment.
- Specialized training in strengths-based and client-centered practice, psychiatric and psychosocial rehabilitation, mental health recovery, concurrent disorders and residential tenancies law.
- Experience working with family members of clients/tenants.
- Familiarity with resources used or needed by our clients/tenants.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle with insurance is required.
All positions require full proficiency in English. Bilingual designated positions also require full proficiency in French.
Why work at Ottawa Salus?
Salus has a proven record of successfully supporting clients with serious and persistent mental health and substance use health issues to live their best possible life. Regardless of their role in the organization, our staff are passionate about their work and supporting clients on their journey to recovery. They know they have an impact on their client’s lives and consistently report that working here is a fulfilling experience. If you are someone that wants to make the world a better place and bring hope to others, you will love working here.
We offer all these and many more including:
- Competitive earnings
- Generous Health benefits and pension plan (HOOPP)
- Compressed workweek
- Paid vacation days
- A friendly team who creates a great work environment
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter directly via LinkedIn by 4.30pm on January 11, 2024.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the position will be filled once a suitable candidate is identified. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ottawa Salus is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. Candidates requiring accommodation during the interview process should advise in advance
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69522390__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→