Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest of foods and ideas to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2021 that ended July 3, 2021, the company generated sales of more than $51 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2022, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations.
Sysco is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain on top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder and never give up. Are you ready to drive success?
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Shift: Must be able to work at least one (or all) of these days: Thursday, Friday or Sunday, 7pm to 3:30am
Pay rate: $26.11/hour PLUS a $1.20 night shift premium
The successful candidate will:
- Pick product with accuracy, speed and safety to build a skid
- Stage skids at doors for loaders
- Clean up at end of shift (boxes, cardboard, paper)
- Maintain pallet truck – pre and post circle checks; battery charge
- Clean up duties in order to keep warehouse clean and safe
- Ensure health and safety, food safety, WHMIS procedures and guidelines are adhered to
- Perform other warehouse functions as assigned by Supervisor
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role
- Ability to work flexible hours – weekend and statutory holiday work is required. Overtime may be required
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent
- Previous warehouse experience with experience driving a pallet truck
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Strong team membership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and operate in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Able to do heavy lifting up to 33KG unassisted
|Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.|
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
|Our Purpose||Connecting the world to share food and care for one another|
|Our Mission||Delivering success for our customers through industry-leading people, products, and solutions|
|Our Identity||Together we define our future of foodservice and supply chain|
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Associate Resource Groups
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
To apply for this job please click the link below workforcenow.adp.com.