Under the direction of the Food & Beverage Supervisor and Management Team, this position is responsible for providing food and beverage service to guests with an upbeat and positive attitude. The Food & Beverage Host/Hostess is responsible for seating guests, maintaining and recording daily sales on the P.O.S system in a friendly and professional manner. Above all, this position must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
- Provides exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers in an upbeat, positive and professional manner;
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all food and beverage items available at the restaurants and food hall;
- Processes all cash and credit card transactions utilizing the P.O.S. system;
- Ensures accurate cash handling and balancing of sales and/or cash float at the end of the shift;
- Identify opportunities to upgrade products and maximize upselling opportunities to increase revenue;
- Attends cash and serves guests in a timely and professional manner;
- Wipes and clears tables to ensure cleanliness in the food hall and buffet dining area;
- Welcome and greet guests; answer general inquiries relating to food, beverages and other restaurants on the premise;
- Maintains clean service areas and stocks shelves as required;
- Reports any irregular/suspicious activities, malfunctions and hazards to the supervisor immediately;
- Assists other co-workers as requested;
- Seats guests to minimize wait times as required by the management team;
- Understand and follow opening and closing cashier duties;
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of counters, refrigerators, and other equipment in the work area;
- Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning of food and beverage equipment as required;
- Adheres to all AGCO, GCGC, departmental and HR policies as they relate to functions of the role;
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned as the Food & Beverage Management Team.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent working experience;
- Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
- Previous cash handling experience;
- Previous P.O.S system experience an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
- Must be people-focused and demonstrate a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service;
- Proactive and solution oriented with a drive to succeed;
- Demonstrate strong initiative, active listening and teamwork skills;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Work Environment Considerations
- Fast paced with multiple priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- This role requires extended period of standing, walking, bending and may lift up to 35 lbs.
- The role requires a flexible schedule that adapts to business needs, will have non-traditional work hours including holidays, evening, overnight or weekend shifts.
Great Canadian Entertainment is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and welcomes all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please click the link below elvk.fa.ca3.oraclecloud.com.