Website Canada Goose Holdings Inc.
Canada Goose isn’t like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. Our purpose-based platform HUMANATURE and philosophy that humans are a part of nature and nature is a part of us informs everything we do. From the materials we use to the products we make, everything is meticulously crafted and built to last. At Canada Goose we endure any condition, observe every detail, and take the long view in order to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Sr. Director, Engineering leads a cross functional product development organization that continuously and sustainably delivers value to its customers. They will be responsible for the overall technology vision and strategy for the Domain as well as being part of the Digital Unit technology and product leadership team. A central part of the role is to ensure that all technology is aligned within and cross domains allowing for scalability, smooth integrations, and minimizing technical Digital Unit. They will build, grow and support a team of Product Area Engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and giving feedback.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads engineering and development throughout the organization, ensuring alignment on tech vision, strategy, priorities, and working practices across pods
- Partners with our VP & CTO to ensure all technology is aligned within and cross-products and platforms, to allow for innovation, scalability and smooth integrations
- Influences tech stack architecture design contributing deep technology expertise and its applications to business results
- Works for a healthy balance of innovation, supports and maintenance the organization
- Motivate, inspire, develop and lead a team of top performing Engineers, building high performing, maintainable and relevant technology that supports an excellent end user experience
- Cultivates a culture of collaboration, trust and continuous improvement
- Stays on top of the latest developments and trends in the technologies
Let’s Talk About You:
- Skilled people manager of Engineers, Senior Technology Leaders and Experts
- Knows how to attract and retain top tech talent
- Deep understanding and experience of Agile product development
- Strong experience from software engineering of which at least 5+ years include working with developing, running, and scaling cutting-edge technology solutions and platforms
- Strong advocate for modern software development and engineering practices
- Has developed, shipped, and maintained several successful digital products over the years
- Can be effective in a constantly developing matrixed organization with both complex and evolving technology and products
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What’s in it For You?
- A company built on Canadian roots and heritage
- Your work is recognized with a comprehensive and competitive Total Rewards Program
- Opportunities for career growth through numerous internal and external programs
- Recognize and be recognized by your peers with our Goose Rewards & ICON Rewards
- Be a part of CG Gives. Donation matching and paid volunteer time to help the organizations you care about
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
We believe in the power of inclusion and are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment where all employees can bring their authentic selves to work everyday. We believe every one of our team members enriches our diversity by exposing us to varying ways to understand the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, produce, and deliver great products and service. Our different perspectives are what enable us to create, dream and live in the open.
Canada Goose is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
There are multiple ways to interview with us! If you require any interviewaccommodation for your interview, please e-mail us at HR@canadagoose.com.
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__70585212__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→