Website Ralmax Group of Companies
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
The Director of Operations will lead the operation and people responsible for all food and beverage offerings to thousands of guests that visit our locations every year.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Director of Operations, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Drive financial profitability through department reporting, yearly budgeting, as well as monitoring daily spends
- Oversees control of all inventories, product cost, cash handling and purchasing. Implements cost controls as needed to achieve positive financial results
- Acts as a liaison with team, including partner’s operational team, Compass team and other areas as needed to ensure efficient operational performance
- Develops and recommends all menus, promotions and programs in accordance with Compass standards
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with guests, subcontractors and Compass associates
- Ensures that all security, safety, and sanitation standards are achieved and follows and enforces responsible alcohol service policies
- Recruit, hire, train, and teach direct management reports as well as hourly associates. Construct a strong team based on personal strengths and abilities while keeping everyone accountable for job responsibilities and roles
- Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout location
- Hold strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, openness to collaborate and communicate, build positive culture, as well as a driven attitude to as aspects of the position
Think you have what it takes to be our Director of Operations? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you are the best fit:
- A minimum of 8 years Food and Beverage Management experience at a Director of Operations/General Manager level in a sports and entertainment atmosphere. Experience managing a high-volume Food & Beverage operation
- Budgeting, forecasting, sales experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and associates by speaking and comprehending English. English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor, and motivate staff
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Availability to work regular extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates. Must have flexible schedule to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proficient in computer services such Microsoft Office as well as capability and willingness to learn internal systems both retail and tech systems
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69521469__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→