CJR Wholesale Grocers and Dairy Central
CJR Whole sale Grocers is a family owned business serving the GTA for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on providing independent grocers and food service partners with a one-stop shop for all their dairy needs. With over 5,000 available products, we built our business with our customers in mind. We continually strive to offer top quality at great prices, with the brands our customers want and delivered when they need them. We are committed to supporting our customers business through innovation and the highest quality of service.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Full time Walkie Operators
Shift timing: Morning – Monday to Friday 6:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: Coopers and Kennedy- Mississauga, ON
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
You will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless reception and processing of incoming shipments.
You will load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and ability to operate walkie.
Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming shipments to verify contents and quality, and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments.
The Warehouse Receiver must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming items.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work in cold temperatures of 1°C/32°F.
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Match product with purchase orders and verify received product expiration codes.
- Inspect product to ensure sale-able condition with acceptable code dating and report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Operate a Walkie/Reach in a safe manner to move received product.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Replenishing of various products.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures.
- Health and Safety compliance in accordance with company policies.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all shipments and receipts
- Daily warehouse housekeeping
- Becoming an effective team member by participating in process improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational /Technical Experience:
- Walkie License and experience required
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime which you have not received a pardon? Provide details.
- Are you looking for short term or long term?
- Are you able to work in the cooler and freezer environment?
- Walkie: 1 year (preferred)
- Walkie License (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please click the link below ca.indeed.com.