Website Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG)
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you’re close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. We’d be thrilled to receive applications from exceptional individuals like yourself.
Indulge your passion for problem-solving and embrace the thrill of addressing risk head-on at Gallagher’s global brokerage team. Join a family of diverse minds, united by a relentless pursuit of excellence. As part of our team, you’ll be the architect of protection, safeguarding businesses and empowering their ambitions. Together, we’ll build a legacy of trust and triumph in the dynamic world of risk management.
Arthur J. Gallagher (Gallagher), a NYSE-listed global Fortune 500 company, is a market leader in the financial services, insurance and brokerage industry. Gallagher has enjoyed an unrivalled reputation for ethics and compliance, recognized by the “Ethisphere Institute” for 12 straight years.
To support its growth, Gallagher Canada is seeking a Compliance Counsel to join its legal team. The ideal candidate should have 4-6 years of experience from a major law firm or top-tier organization. The Compliance Counsel should have a good understanding of the insurance brokerage business and the legal and regulatory framework that supports it.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, Canada & Caribbean, the Compliance Counsel will be required to evaluate compliance risks, develop a continuous improvement plan, and ensure the implementation of essential policies, guidelines, and standards within the organization. Additionally, the Compliance Counsel will provide legal guidance on client agreements, M&A transactions, data privacy, technology, employment law matters, and assist in managing litigation files. The Compliance Counsel will also collaborate with colleagues from the US, UK, and the Caribbean on emerging risks and global initiatives.
Overall, the Compliance Counsel will play a crucial role in supporting the Chief Legal Officer, collaborating with legal and business teams, and ensuring compliance and regulatory excellence within Gallagher.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Serving as a legal advisor on regulatory issues impacting insurance brokerages
- Presenting regulatory and business excellence standards to Canadian stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance with the compliance program and professional standards
- Conducting audits and implementing remediation procedures, maintaining audit files
- Providing internal mentorship on insurance compliance requirements
- Reviewing client and third-party contracts for compliance
- Supporting the Legal group with M&A and employment law matters
- Developing new processes and procedures for compliance and standards of excellence
- Monitoring and interpreting new regulations or law changes
- Assisting in internal investigations
- Law degree from a Canadian law school
- Membership in a provincial bar in good standing
- 5-8 years of corporate/financial services experience from a leading law firm or in-house environment
- Proficiency in French is helpful but not required
Critical competencies and behaviors:
- Dedication to building and supporting the compliance function
- Driving process improvement through collaboration and training
- Motivating individuals at all levels
- Maintaining integrity
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- Work effectively with others
- Exercises sound judgment in decision-making
Office & remote work arrangements:
Work Environment Hybrid (Agile) – We at Gallagher enjoy the benefits of working remotely while also collaborating and interacting with each other in the office.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salaries and bonus plans.
- Medical & dental coverage to meet your household’s needs
- Life, Dependent Life and AD & D Insurance options
- Pension & group savings plans
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Educational expense reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Discounted gym membership
- Opportunity for flexible work hours
- Paid sick days & personal days,
- Employee education recognition program
- Employee referral bonus program and more
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69521536__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→