Website Blue Door
_*The job location is Beaverton*_
Blue Door is a not-for-profit registered charitable agency governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. We have been an integral part of our community providing essential emergency housing services since 1982.
*Reasons to Join Blue Door!*
* Comprehensive Benefits & RRSP
* Work-life Balance
* Paid Time off such as personal needs days and generous vacation time
* Wellness Committee events such as yoga, luncheons, and holiday activities
*Support Services Worker*
Reporting to the Support Services Manager, the Support Services Worker will provide essential services support in this multi-functional role. The Support Services Worker will uphold Public Health standards of cleanliness and provide food preparation services.
*What does a Support Services Worker do?*
* Ensure adequate food supplies are available in the kitchens in preparation of meals.
* Pick up and deliver supplies, materials, and documents including mail and donations as required and prepare daily meals for up all programs.
* In coordination with Support Service Manager, develop and post weekly menu listing.
* Assists in the monitoring and repairing of the facilities and advises Support Services Manager on maintenance needs.
* Regular cleaning of facilities within Public Health guidelines and standards.
* Maintain facility sanitation including but not limited to bodily fluids, spills and any other health and safety hazards using personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary.
* Light maintenance duties as required, i.e. light bulbs and minor repairs, as required.
* Monitor food inventory and ensure there is an adequate and appropriate supply of nutritious food options.
* Ensure receipt and compliance of dietary needs summary sheets as client needs arise and change within operational limits.
* Organize and maintain donation and food storage according to proper food handling procedures.
* Oversee food deliveries and ensure proper storage and ensures all relevant record keeping is up-to-date and submitted as required.
*What you bring to the table*
* WHMIS training.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Safe Food Handlers Certificate.
* Two – three years of relevant experience.
* Reliable vehicle, valid driving license and insurance.
*Salary information: $19.83 per hour*
_Blue Door is committed to the development of a staff and leadership team that reflects the incredible diversity of the communities we serve. We promote the principles of intersectional anti-racism and anti-oppression and adhere to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We both welcome and encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to access and equity, including Indigenous, Black and racialized people, members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, people with disabilities, and people with lived experience of homelessness. Blue Door is a unionized work environment._
_In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Blue Doors AODA Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance._
_All applications will be reviewed as received, and interviews will begin for qualified candidates as soon as possible. The position may be filled before this job posting ends.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume to . Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted._
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.83 per hour
* Casual dress
* Company events
* Dental care
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Extended health care
* Life insurance
* On-site parking
* Paid time off
* Vision care
* Wellness program
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
* Weekends as needed
* Are you willing to travel to Beaverton?
* driver’s license (preferred)
* WHMIS Certification (required)
* Safe Food Handlers certificate (required)
Work Location: In person%1563964% %%sanitation%%
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__70587430__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→