Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We… [more]
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Security Guard
Site: City of Brampton (Professor’s Lake)
City: Brampton, ON
Status: Full Time (Temp)
Hours: Sunday – Thursday (2200 – 0800)
Pay Rate: $17.50/hr.
Site Description: City of Brampton is a diverse, cosmopolitan, and vibrant place to be. From a population of 523,911 in 2011, Brampton is now Canada’s second fastest growing and 9th largest city. Located immediately north of Lester B. Pearson International Airport.
- Responding to and reporting all incidents of criminal activity, suspicious activity and hazardous situations.
- Assisting with relocation of bus stops
- Conducting patrols around temporary bus stops to assist commuters and provide customer service
- Unlocking and locking doors
- Providing access control
- Providing uniform security presence and completing proactive patrols of the terminal stops and platforms
- Completing proactive patrols for terminal lobbies and customer service areas
- Deterring and enforcing prohibited acts such as loitering, panhandling, smoking, alcohol use, skateboarding, and cycling on platforms and driveways
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the city.
- Activley complete patrols around the beach and surrounding areas
- Ensure there is no tresspassing and no access to new Water Feature (WBIT)
- Proactivly check and monitor all gates and areas to enure there is no access
- Visually check all entries
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Enthusiastically conducts proactive patrols, and be able to address policy breeches, and note facility concerns.
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons
- Ability to de-escalate a crisis, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Logging in/out of Key, Radio and pager audits
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquiries
- Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all departments
- Ability to provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Respond to all types of occurrences.
- Patrol interior and exterior,
- Minimum Two (2) year Security Guard experience in a municipal government or corporate environment would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field would be an asset.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills + Customer Service Skills
- Must possess a valid Security License for the Province of Ontario
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Physical Demands; excessive walking, standing, exposed to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills required. Bilingual and Multilingual applicants preferred.
- Must participate in professional development and on-site leveling system requirements
- Previous experience or training within a loss prevention/security field preferred
- Must complete all required site training within 30 day of on-site hire date
- Additional job-related task and duties as assigned
- Successful completion of CPO certification within first 6 months (training material and course cost covered by Paladin)
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job please click the link below joblinkapply.com.