Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! [less]
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Security Guard
Status: Part Time (Temp)
Site: Springdale Library
Hours: Saturdays and Sundays (1800 – 2200)
Pay Rate; $17.50/ an hour
City of Brampton is a diverse, cosmopolitan, and vibrant place to be. From a population of 523,911 in 2011, Brampton is now Canada’s second fastest growing and 9th largest city. Located immediately north of Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Brampton has positioned itself as a global economic contender.
The City of Brampton is looking for Security Guards. Strict but diplomatic enforcement of security is required. You will, in the course of your duties, encounter numerous situations which cannot be covered by Standing Orders, site specific security operations procedures which outlines the duties and contain property and facility information. For this reason, it is imperative that you have a proven ability to use your own initiative and judgement and can represent the City of Brampton in a firm but courteous man.
Working on assigned shifts, you will work part time shifts providing proactive and reactive security patrols and response to incidents. You will be required to write reports and investigate routine incidents, as well as respond to coded emergencies in a quick and efficient manner. You should display excellent customer service skills and be able to work with people who are under stress or in need of medical assistance. In this role, it is essential that you are physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time. This position is a high-caliber position and will also include the following responsibilities:
- Provide uniform security presence in the library by completing proactive patrol within the library
- Deter any prohibited acts in the Library (e.g., Loitering, Trespassing, etc.)
- Ensure noise levels are low, while students are studying
- Respond and eliminate any disturbances within the library
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons
- De-escalate a crisis, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources.
- Additional job-related task and duties as assigned
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Benefits & Other Perks
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Minimum of Two (2) years of Security Experience or in related field
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- A WSIB Approved First Aid/CPR Level C
- Post-Secondary education in related field is considered an asset
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- COVID Double Vaccination
- Customer Service Experience
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This is a Part-Time position 3rd Shift, Weekends
To apply for this job please visit joblinkapply.com.