City of Brampton – Full Time (temp) Mobile Patrol and Emergency Response Unit (Security)
Brampton, ON, Canada, Full-Time
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We… [more]
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Mobile Patrol Guard
Site: City of Brampton
Status: Full Time (Temp)
Hours: Continental Nights
Pay Range: $20.40/hr.
City of Brampton is a diverse, cosmopolitan, and vibrant place to be. From a population of 523,911 in 2011, Brampton is now Canada’s second fastest growing and 9th largest city. Located immediately north of Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Brampton has positioned itself as a global economic contender.
The City of Brampton is looking for Security Guards. Strict but diplomatic enforcement of security is required. You will, in the course of your duties, encounter numerous situations which cannot be covered by Standing Orders, site specific security operations procedures which outlines the duties and contain property and facility information. For this reason, it is imperative that you have a proven ability to use your own initiative and judgement and can represent the City of Brampton in a firm but courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Being alert and observant while being outside, standing or walking for an extended period in all weather conditions (Rain, Snow, Excessive Heat & Cold…etc.)
- always Maintain communications with fellow Security Guard/dispatchers, Cliental and Paladin Managerial Staff.
- Ensures all site staff adhere to all Paladin Security policies and procedures
- Ensures proper documentation is passed onto the Shift Leads/Dispatchers, client and Paladin leadership team
- Completing mobile patrols diligently
- Documents and investigates security incidents and complaints
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Supervisor/Client Service Manager or the client
- Ensuring any deficiencies with the vehicle are reported to Paladin leadership team
- Ability to work alone and be self-motivated
- Always Maintain the highest standard of security, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
- Represent Paladin Security, The City of Brampton and their respected customers in such a way as to enhance the quality, image and reputation of City of Brampton
- Perform security duties in accordance with established procedures. Ensure they are being conducted within the limitations of any federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Be observant and record all discrepancies, deficiencies and safety hazards/ concerns noted during patrols and take corrective action either informing the applicable department or handling it personally, whenever possible.
- Be courteous, and helpful in enforcing all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform duties and tasks assigned by the Security Leadership team and respond to the directions of the client; City of Brampton.
- Respond immediately to any emergency and co-ordinate response accordingly based off established procedures.
– Must possess a valid G Class license with a minimum driving experience of 3 years
– Previous security experience is an asset
– Post Secondary education in a Law Enforcement/Security program from a recognized college
– Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Mental Health Act
– Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy
– Must provide drivers abstract. No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
-All successful applicants must undergo a vulnerable sector check
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- A Valid Ontario G Drivers License
- 3 Year Clean Driver’s Abstract
- WSIB Approeved First Aid CPR – Level C
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Valid G or G2 Drivers License
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This is a As Needed position 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job please visit joblinkapply.com.