Website Canadian Football League
The Canadian Football League is Canada’s home for professional football. With over a century of rich history and nine member teams across the nation, the CFL provides world-class entertainment and excitement to a passionate and dedicated fan base. A season-long journey of unforgettable moments and must-see-TV broadcasts culminates in Canada’s largest single-day sporting event – the Grey Cup, where the newly crowned champions earn the right to hoist the iconic emblem of Canadian football.
The CFL leads a global movement to grow and modernize the game. The league is committed to a global vision as it connects with fans around the world.
It is transforming into a digital-first sports league through an innovative, first-of-its-kind partnership with Genius Sports to maximize fan engagement through data analytics, technological advances, and sports betting.
Just as important as its industry-leading operations, the CFL proudly champions the values on which Canada was built – unity, diversity, inclusion, strength, and service to the community. The league is supportive of all peoples, cultures, and backgrounds, offering a respectful and inclusive working and playing environment, centered on acceptance and understanding. The CFL’s successes are measured not only on the field and within its ranks, but also in its unparalleled impact in affecting positive change and bettering Canadian communities and lives.
As the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer (CMO), you will play a pivotal role in the success of the CFL, by shaping the CFL’s marketing, licensing and communications strategy, leading the team and building brand identity to drive revenue growth, fan acquisition and retention. You will be strategic thinker, an effective leader, and a visionary.
• Develop and execute strategic marketing, licensing and communications plans to achieve CFL goals.
• Oversee all aspects of communications, licensing and marketing, including brand, digital marketing, content marketing and social media.
• Lead the CFL marketable fan strategy, including the execution of an omni-channel digital marketing automation and paid media strategy, leveraging 1st party and 2nd party data, working closely with the Business Intelligence, Data Engineering and Software Development Teams.
• Lead the strategic development, maintenance and promotion of digital products, including but not limited to free-to-play games, broadcast augmentation, and web-related fan engagement products to optimize marketable fan acquisition, engagement and monetization.
• Lead all league-owned advertising channels, inclusive of email marketing, web advertising, social media, podcast, etc., as well as league-wide CFL Network ad trafficking, reporting and risk management.
• Drive user acquisition and retention through data-driven campaigns.
Monitor campaign performance, conduct detailed analysis of campaign outcomes, presenting clear insights to inform strategic decisions.
• Identify and assess new marketing opportunities, channel to expand brand reach and drive growth.
• Enhance the efficiency of our marketing automation system for better lead nurturing and conversion.
• Use a market data-driven approach to identify strategic growth drivers. Establish and report on KPIs.
• Oversee continued development and growth of brand strategy and drive brand consistency across all client touchpoints.
• Lead, coach, and motivate a team. Establish department objectives and accountabilities and organize resources accordingly. Create a high performing team culture by encouraging diversity of thought and collaboration.
• Plan, direct and coordinate licensing, marketing and communications budgets that drive and align with strategy house and business plan.
• Manage external agencies and vendors, ensuring deliverables meet quality standards and objectives.
• Lead media and government relations, media and performance training, speech writing, crisis management, internal communications and public relations with responsibilities for Commissioner support.
• Develop crisis management plans and strategies to address potential issues that may affect the reputation of the league.
Act decisively and effectively in response to unforeseen challenges.
• Lead internal and external licensing initiatives. Drive results and support team with hitting revenue targets.
• Work with the CFLs senior leaders to devise growth strategies that leverage the CFL’s industry and market focus.
• Stay up to date with relevant regulatory requirements, industry trends, marketing best practices, and digital advancements to drive innovation in marketing strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE):
• 15+ years in the field with 10+ years of relevant management/leadership experience with a successful track record in performance marketing strategy, execution and team building.
• Deep experience in creating impactful marketing strategies with accountable action plans.
• Strong experience in all marketing areas, including branding, digital marketing, communications, and social and influencer strategy.
• Experience building solutions that drive growth in complex environments.
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically with a focus on problem-solving and results-oriented decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Strong coaching, management, leadership, and team building skills.
• Empathetic and self-motivated leader who can excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to build rapport quickly, gain the confidence of and influence internal and external parties of all levels.
• Possess a balanced blend of analytical, strategic, practical, and creative thinking skills.
• Resilient leader with an ability to bring new ideas forward and balance stakeholder input.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate multiple projects at once.
• Strong project management skills with experience overseeing change management initiatives in a consultative setting.
• An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, business, or another relevant discipline. Secondary degree will be considered an asset (e.g. MBA or JD).
This role is based in Ontario, at the CFL League Office in Toronto (50 Wellington St.
East). The successful candidate must be located in Ontario and able to attend the office at least two days per week. In addition, all employees will be required to attend meetings or other business events at the league office or other venues as business needs dictate.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are working to create a more diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people living with disabilities and people identifying as LGBTQ2S+
For additional information on the Canadian Football League, please visit our website at www.cfl.ca
To apply for this job please click the link belowhttps://en-ca.whatjobs.com/pub_api__cpl__69522416__4809?utm_campaign=publisher&utm_medium=api&utm_source=4809→