- $15/ hour + TIPS
- Full Time or Part Time
- Free Employee Parking
- Full Benefits
- Employee Meal Plan
SSP Canada operates several restaurants throughout Toronto Pearson International Airport located in Mississauga, ON. Our restaurants include: Tim Horton’s, Freshii’s, Boccone, Mill Street, Camden, Urban Crave, Tap & Pour, Dirty Bird, Distillery Food Hall, Built Burger, Upper Crust.
At SSP Canada, our Bartenders enjoy engaging with our guests while serving hand-crafted beverages and delicious food. Our bartenders are up-to-date on trends in the alcoholic beverage industry. They have experience crafting beverages and serving them with attention to detail. Our restaurants are fast-paced and our bartenders can work quickly with accuracy and deliver outstanding customer service without breaking a sweat!
Here are a few things you can expect if you join our team as a bartender:
- Greet guests in a timely, courteous, and friendly manner
- Use recipes and practice portion control to mix, garnish, and present drinks
- Input orders into register at the point of sale and create a check for each guest
- Receive cash from guests, make any change needed, verify validity of charges, record charges, and ensure vouchers are properly executed
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar at all times
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices, and other perishables daily to ensure product quality
- Must adhere to all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests at all times
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Other Requirements
- One year bartending experience required, including certification by state, federal, or local required training program.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Verbal and written English language
- Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand weights and measurements.
- Food handlers and alcoholic beverage servers permit as required by law.
- Brand certification as required.
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard & point of sale procedures to pre-check and order & close out a check.
- Ability to work and stand in confined spaces for long periods of time.
At SSP Canada we believe if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our passengers. That’s why we offer competitive benefits, and our first source for filling management positions is our internal team.
- Health & Prescription Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Plan
- Paid Public Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Awards and Recognition
- Meal Plan
- Free Parking
- Uniform Shirts and Apparel Accessories are Provided (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program (including short-term counseling, simple will, financial & legal consultation, referrals for child/elder/pet care)
Ontario Applicants: SSP Canada is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities, 2005 in our recruitment and employment practices. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, including the interview and assessment stage, due to a disability, please inform us of your need and the nature of the accommodation(s) that may be required.
To apply for this job please click the link below ca.indeed.com.