The Career Foundation
Airside Access Control Security Guard – Pearson Airport Ref # VS0704231 (Casual Position)
The Career Foundation is currently seeking Airside Access Control Security Guard – Pearson Airport Ref # VS0426235 on behalf of one of our employer partners.
- Location: Pearson Airport, Mississauga, ON
- Job Type: Flexible Hours/Weekdays/Weekends/Casual Position
- Salary: $16.65 per hour
- Number of Vacancies: 100+
- You can have flexible hours/schedules.
- Free airport parking when on shift
- Monitor and controls groundside to airside access and doors (restricted area access control);
- Operate a variety of security and parking equipment including CCTV, Parking Pay & Display Units, Parking Cash Register & Pay on Foot Station, Recording systems, PA System, Portable Radios, etc.
- Respond to screening checkpoint and other airport restricted area alarms.
- Perform security patrols and responses throughout the airport as well as tenant facilities.
- Complete daily logs, deficiency reports and incident/occurrence reports.
- Carry out customer service-related duties which includes hand shoveling of snow, greeting passengers & assisting with luggage when required, etc.
- Perform emergency response duties in accordance with the Airport Emergency Response Manual.
- Minimum High School diploma or Grade 12 education.
- Must Possess a valid Security license, and Basic First Aid certification.
- Proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Possession of a valid Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) is an asset.
* Please note: If you are on a work/study permit – Obtaining a Restricted Access Identification Card (RAIC) through Transport Canada is taking approximately 18-24 months (2 years) for individuals.
This employer partner is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year accomplish their employment goals. Our services, which are available at no cost to you, include workshops, individual coaching, training opportunities, and more. To improve their likelihood of employment success, participation in these services may be suggested to applicants.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.CareerFoundation.com
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.65 per hour
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please click the link below digitaljobcentre.careerfoundation.com.