The IRB is in regular need of interpreters, who are important contributors to the overall refugee processing system. If you possess the required skills, please consider applying.
The task of interpreters is to interpret all dialogue during the proceedings. This includes interpreting both from the language of the person who is the subject of the proceedings into English or French, and vice versa, using consecutive interpretation. Whatever is said in one language should be interpreted faithfully and accurately into the other language using the exact equivalent meaning and structure.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Professional references (minimum of two);
- Compliance with the rules that are set out in the Code of Conduct for Interpreters.
- Interpreter Handbook
- Code of Conduct for Interpreters
- Standard Interpretation Service Contractor Clauses and Conditions
- Making a complaint to the IRB
- List of terms – Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression, and Sex Characteristics (SOGIESC) – English to French
Interpreters needed in Eastern Region (Montréal and Ottawa)
Interpreters needed in Western Region (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg).
Interpreters needed in Central Region (Toronto and GTA)