The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is currently looking for interpreters at its Eastern office (Montréal and Ottawa).
Interpreters provide interpretation services as an independent contractor as and when needed by the IRB. Your task as an interpreter is to interpret all dialogue during the proceedings. You will have to interpret the language of the person who is subject of the proceedings into English or French and vice-versa, using consecutive interpretation.
Hourly rate: $32/hour
The following languages/dialects are urgently needed:
- Arabic (Chad) to English
- Dari (Afghanistan)
- Dazaga (Gorane)
- Portuguese (Angola)
- Punjabi (India) to English and French
- Punjabi (Pakistan) to French
- Somali (Djibouti)
- Swahili (Burundi, Rwanda, DRC)
- Urdu to French
The Eastern Region is also in regular need of Interpreters fluent in the following languages/dialects:
Candidates MUST meet the following criteria to be considered
- Canadian citizen (or permanent resident on an exceptional basis)
- Secondary education
- Ability to obtain security clearance (to be processed by the IRB)
- Various evaluations (interpretation abilities, sight translation and official languages) will be administered by the IRB.
- Fax: 514-283-0164
- Email: email@example.com or
- Regular mail:Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
200 René-Lévesque Blvd. West, suite 102
Due to a high volume of expected interest, only those individuals who meet the essential qualifications will be contacted.