Brampton Distribution Center
A company’s success depends on the knowledge, experience and motivation of the people who work for it. That’s why having a great Warehouse Team like Best Buy’s is so invaluable. Our distribution teams ensure that our customers get what they order in a timely manner. The warehouse and distribution teams are the engine that keeps Best Buy running.
This position has an hourly rate of $16.00/hr + $2/hr seasonal shift premium until Dec 31st.
Availability Requirement – Various shifts are available
This is a contract position until December 2021 with a possibility of permanent placement
You must be available to work a minimum of 32 hours a week:
- Sunday to Thursday (6:00 am-2:30pm) Sunday availability is a MUST
- Sunday to Thursday (7:00 am-3:30pm) Sunday availability is a MUST
- Sunday to Thursday (2:30 pm-11:00 pm) Sunday availability is a MUST
- Additional shifts may be available
As a warehouse worker supporting our warehouse teams, you will….
- Facilitate moving product throughout the distribution center through use of equipment in areas such as Receiving, Stocking, Shipping, Order Processing and Replenishment.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner, while making sure that you are maintaining a safe and clean working area and ensuring that our product is in perfect condition to sell to our customers.
- Unload trucks and break down products taking into consideration SKU’s and purchase orders (PO’S).
- Consolidate received freight to expedite efficient put away.
- Perform accurate put away and replenishment tasks throughout the facility so that items are in the correct spot and ready for picking.
- Build/wrap cubed out pallets to meet customer needs.
- Complete all paperwork and documentation required thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to…
- Perform system quality checks to ensure correct products and quantities are received.
- Meet all production targets as required.
- Check orders, loading products into trailers in a safe and secure manner and any associated paperwork.
- Accurately enter appropriate data into the computer system / RF guns, as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
The experience and education we need…
- Completion of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work well under pressure, with a great attention to detail
- Required repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs., bending and twisting
- Excellent time management, with the ability to meet key deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment through actions and attitude
- Must be flexible for shift changes and overtime that may be required by business demands
- Working ability with MS Office Suite is preferred
- Previous experience with driving material handling equipment is considered an asset (walkie, forklift, clamp truck)
What we offer …
- We have maintained the same principles throughout this pandemic: to keep our employees and customers safe
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Employee Purchase Discount
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Afternoon shift premiums
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology