System ID 2022-26969 Job Type Temporary Full-Time Location Mississauga Hospital Number of Positions 1 Unionized CUPE
CUPE JOB POSTING
Position: Hospitality Associate Portering – Temporary Full-Time (up to 12 months)
File #: 2022-26969
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Role Level: CUPE01 $21.754 – $25.116 per hour
Department: Patient Support Services – Portering
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shift: Monday-Friday (0600-1400), including weekends
Posted: May 12, 2022
Internal Deadline: May 19, 2022
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs.
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community – patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan – quality, access and sustainability – anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients – inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- Transports patients via bed, stretcher or wheelchair to and from various locations (i.e. patient unit to x-ray)
- Assists patients in and out of bed, stretcher or wheelchair
- Transports laboratory specimens from patient areas to specified laboratory
- Transports deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to the mortuary
- Maintain inventory of equipment in appropriate area on unit (e.g. Wheelchairs, stretchers)
- Transport of equipment/furniture and supplies
- Transports clean linen
- Pick Up and transport of soiled linen
- Uses chemicals and cleaning agents to maintain transport equipment
- Strip and make up stretchers
- Maintain open and timely communication with Customer Support Call Centre and Leadership team via phone or in person
- Minimum Grade 12 education and/or equivalent in support services role preferred
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors, customers and co-workers
- Ability to read and write and follow instructions
- Must have the physical requirements to complete the job duties
- Must be able to work all shifts (Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends)
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted