locations3940 Highway 7, RR 2, Vaughan, ON time type Full time posted on Posted Today job requisition idR2000241850
3940 Highway 7, RR 2, Vaughan, Ontario, L4L 9C3
Friendly & Energetic, with a passion for food and commitment to our customers. If this describes you, we’d like to hear from you!
Why is this Role Important?
To ensure the efficient functioning of the Grocery (Grocery /HBC/GM) department, providing customers with the best quality grocery, general merchandise and beauty care products, ensuring courteous, timely customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To direct and supervise all Grocery Departments (Grocery/HBC/GM) staff to secure efficient and courteous customer service
- To respond immediately to any customer inquiries, requests and complaints, ensuring courteous customer relations at all times;
- To maximize sales and gross profit, ensuring sales’ goals and budgets are met;
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory and display of all dry merchandising;
- To hire all part-time staff and train new employees
- To schedule all Grocery Departments (Grocery/HBC/GM) clerks ensuring the strict control of wage costs;
- To interpret and administer Company policy and ensure compliance with the union contract
- To ensure the maintenance of equipment as well as the safety and sanitation of the department;
- To perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Would Possess:
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which include days, evenings, night shifts, and weekends;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Three to five years’ experience in the retail Grocery industry; previous experience in the health and beauty and general merchandise departments is an asset
- Prior management experience a definite asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
How You’ll Succeed:
At Fortinos we attribute our success to preserving our core values: super fresh foods, well‐trained staff, store cleanliness and above all, superior, friendly customer service. If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity or interview, please advise if you require accommodation.
NOTE: The Employer noted in this posting is an independently owned corporation (“Franchisee”) which is licensed to use the “FORTINOS” trademark(s) by Loblaw Inc. If an applicant is hired by the Franchisee, then his/her employer will be the Franchisee. No employment or similar relationship will be created between the applicant and Loblaws Inc. or its affiliates.