$19.80 an hour – Part-time
$19.80 an hour
Full Job Description
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (including foreign materials and weight checks).
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility.
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging material.
- Must wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and comply with Health and Safety requirements. including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks.
- Packaging cooked or semi product on various meat production equipment.
- Verification of Best Before Date and labels.
- Supply packaging lines with boxes, films and labels.
- Inventory control of label room and staging area.
- Pack various meat products into trays/boxes.
- Operate slicing machine and weight scale when necessary.
- Other duties as required/assigned.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work with all types of meat products including pork.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and cold environment. (cold: 0 to 4 Degrees)
- Ability to stand and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25kgs.
Shift: PM: 2.45pm to 11.15pm / 3pm to 11.30pm
Hours of work: 40hrs/week
Rate: $19.80 per hour; includes a progressive wage increase
Days of work: Mon to Fri (must be able to work all 5 days)
Working Conditions: Plant environment
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.