$22–$26 an hour – Full-time
$22–$26 an hour
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
PTI – Blendtech is looking for a General Assembler to join our team. This is a demanding role, and you need to be a highly driven individual with great work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Produces products by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Reads and deciphers schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions.
- Positions or aligns components and parts, either manually or with hoists.
- Uses hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
- Conducts quality control checks.
- Cleans and maintains work area and equipment, including tools.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains inventory by checking stock to determine supply levels, placing and tracking orders, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- All other duties as required
- Professional attitude and superior communication skills
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills
- Possess excellent time management skills, foresight, accuracy, attention to detail and commitment to objectives and responsibilities
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Proactive and able to manage multiple priorities
- Effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to make good decisions that will meet or exceed project targets
- Ability to combine a focus on the big picture with a keen attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude, along with a commitment to staff privacy
We Value Our Team:
- Health and Dental Benefits after 3 months
- Paid Time Off + Vacation
- RRSP Match after 1 year
- Educational Reimbursement
- Annual Bonus
- May require work in hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
- May be exposed to dust and high noise levels.
- May be required to work in unfavourable weather conditions.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Overtime as required to ensure projects are completed on time
PT Industrial Electric Co. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Posted Just posted