Full Job Description
Full-Time Square One Shopping Centre Security Guard
Site Description: Proudly managed by Oxford Properties and with over 320+ retailers including Apple,
Ann Taylor, Crate and Barrel, RUDSAK, Zara, and Whole Foods Market, Square One Shopping Centre is the premier retail destination in the GTA. Square One is owned by Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) on behalf of its clients and Oxford Properties Group. Dedicated to sustainability, Square One’s 2.2 million square feet has been recognized and awarded for creating a balance between sustainable environmental programs and a unique shopping experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain compliance with and enforce property standards, rules, and regulations in a reasonable manner
- Able to use tact and diplomacy in dealings across a range of settings and situations
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR, or AED support until medical professionals arrive
- Ability to maintain and enforce access control procedures
- Solid understanding of emergency and standard operating procedures
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the property, fairly and safely, by enforcing the Trespass to Property Act
- Assist with Fire & Life Safety inspections
- Maintain a detailed memo book and prepare incident reports on all matters dealt with using the standard report-writing program
- Conduct periodic patrols of property either by foot or by vehicle.
- Investigate incidents and occurrences
- Draft detailed incident and occurrence reports
- Maintain the peace, safety, and security of all patrons, and clients on the property
- Monitor CCTV surveillance systems
- De-escalate emergency / crisis situations
- Assist emergency and law enforcement personnel
- Access control, line management, customer service
- Assist with daily operations as needed/required or directed.
- Other duties as outlined by management
- Must be willing and able to stand, walk, patrol by foot and vehicle for extended periods (8-12 hours)
- Must demonstrated a high degree of professionalism
- Must have at least 1 year of mall security or relevant experience
- Must have a G class driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be willing and able to provide a recent and valid vulnerable sector check, criminal background check, and driver’s abstract as required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong command and fluency in the English language both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment both indoors and outdoors as required.
- Must be able to handle stress and pressure and make a sound decision under duress
- Must be conformable working in a busy highly populated area
- Must have a clean driver abstract
- Must demonstrate high attention to detail / observational awareness
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and the ability to work productively and efficiently in a team
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
- Must possess a valid “G” Class License
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Must provide driver’s abstract
- No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
- First Aid & CPR Level C
- Basic Security Training
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.