Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we’re the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Site: Square One Shopping Centre
City: Mississauga, ON
Status: Full Time
Hours: Various Shifts
Pay Rate: $17.63/hr (After 3 months probation at the site, pay rate will increase to $20.75/hr)
Site Description: Proudly managed by Oxford Properties and with over 320+ retailers including Apple,
Ann Taylor, Crate and Barrel, RUDSAK, Zara and Whole Foods Market, Square One Shopping Centre is the premier retail destination in the GTA. Square One is owned by Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) on behalf of its clients and Oxford Properties Group. Dedicated to sustainability, Square One’s 2.2 million square feet has been recognized and awarded for creating a balance between sustainable environmental programs and a unique shopping experience.
Job Description: Perform security duties, mall patrol, vehicle patrol, bike patrol, in accordance with established procedures and schedules.
- Perform security patrols in accordance with established procedures. Monitor all areas and control access by unauthorized or undesirable persons.
- Maintain communications at all times with fellow Security Guards, Management, Customer Service and Maintenance staff.
- Respond immediately to any requests for assistance from customers, tenants and employees.
- Respond immediately to any emergencies and co-ordinate activities according to established procedures.
- Ensure maximum customer, tenant and employee safety at all times.
- Be courteous, tactful and helpful in enforcing all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Document all activities during each shift as required.
- Perform duties and tasks assigned by the Security Leadership team and respond to the directions of all shopping centre management.
- Be observant and record all discrepancies, deficiencies and safety hazards noted during security patrols and take corrective action either informing the applicable department or handling it personally, whenever possible.
- Provide security escorts as required.
- Completely investigate and document all incidents and occurrences involving customers, tenants and employees.
- Perform parking control duties as set out in established procedures.
- Maintain proper key control at all times.
- Maintain control of the lost and found records and property.
- Maintain the highest standard of security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
- Perform security duties within the limits of the law and in accordance with any federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Represent Paladin Security and Oxford Properties to tenants and customers in such a way as to enhance the quality, image and reputation of the shopping centre and the company.
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
- A Valid G Class Driver’s License With A Clear Driver’s Abstract
- Must provide driver’s abstract
- Minimum driving experience of 3 to 5 years preferred
- No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
- First Aid & CRP Level C (Must be WSIB Approved)
- Basic Security Training
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Immunization Record (Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 – min 2 Doses)
- Educational Background in Police Foundations, Criminal Justices Studies etc. or Knowledge Within The Security Industry would be considered an asset*
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.