Caledon, ON $20 an hour – Full-time, Part-time
Job ID R22012219Date posted 05-20-2022
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
Job Description:“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
UPS Package Driver delivers and picks up packages to and from residential and/or commercial properties. Performs in a physical, fast-paced environment involving driving, continual lifting, lowering, and carrying packages. Practices safe transportation methods while traveling to and from destinations. This position ensures the best customer service through efficiency and dedication.
Location: 12424 Dixie Rd, Caledon, ON L7C 2L7 (Main intersection: Mayfield Rd & Dixie Rd)
- Delivering and picking up UPS packages efficiently and effectively
- Learning and properly executing UPS safe driving methods
- Possessing a valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Complying with UPS appearance guidelines
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs unassisted
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work Monday through Friday/ and some Saturday
- Minimum 21 years of age and possession of a valid Ontario G driver’s license
- No at-fault accidents within the last 3 years & a maximum of 5 Demerit Points
- No traffic violations within the last 12 months (clean driver’s abstract to be produced on request)
- Strong customer service skills
- Pay rate of $20.00/hr (base rate of $17.00 + an hourly bonus of $3.00).
- Automatic pay rate progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement (top rate: $32.59/hr after 48 months)
- Extended health and dental benefits after one year of service
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 50 Company
- Free onsite parking
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.