Brampton Caledon Community Living
$23.76–$24.57 an hour – Full-time
Full Job Description
Full-Time Community Living Support Worker
Brampton Caledon Community Living is an organization that supports individuals with an intellectual disability in partnership with their families and the community to lead enriched and meaningful lives. We are looking for caring, dynamic and responsive support workers who have experience with supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Establish respectful relationships with individuals which recognize their rights as citizens; and promote their dignity and well-being.
- Promote and demonstrate the values of the organization in the workplace and in the community.
- Develop and/or implement support agreements to achieve personal outcomes by using Personal Outcomes Measures.
- Assist individuals to develop informed decision-making skills and exercise choices.
- Facilitate the development of social networks, lifestyles for people, promoting the involvement of family, community groups, employers and others in the community.
- Support individuals to participate in the cultural, recreational, educational activities and affairs of the community.
- Provide supports in the home, ensuring a clean, safe and enhancing environment.
- Plan and prepare nutritional meals, administer medication and assist with personal care as necessary.
- Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), or a related diploma/degree from an accredited community college or university.
- An up-to-date, Clear Police Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Valid driver’s license Class G, current driver’s abstract and reliable car are required.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR; CPI is required.
- Flexible schedule, involves rotating shifts of days and afternoons, including weekends.
- Ability to relate to people with an intellectual disability and their families.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to express and present oneself in a professional manner; strong writing and verbal communication skills; sound decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong understanding and implementation of Personal Outcomes Measures and/or outcome- based person-centered planning approaches; knowledge of SRV an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Must have a commitment to the goals and visions of community living.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Must have 2 – 3 years related experience.
Interested candidates are to submit a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Brampton Caledon Community Living (BCCL) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves. BCCL promotes the principles of diversity and equity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.