Longo Brother’s Fruit Markets Inc.
$20 an hour – Full-time
$20 an hour
The interview will take place on Indeed so you won’t need to download anything.
Dates and times
Eastern Daylight Saving Time
Jun 14, 2022 | 7 a.m.–10 a.m.
Each candidate will have their own time slot.
Full Job Description
Position: Forklift Operator
(Afternoon and Night Shifts / Multiple Vacancies /Full Time)
Starting Wage: $20.00 + per hour
Wage incentives and premiums offered based on shift and role!
Hours of Work: Afternoon Shift 3PM-12AM, Night Shift 10PM-7AM ($1 premium per hour)
*Availability to work 5 days per week from Monday-Friday, and/or Sunday*
Departments: Grocery and Freezer (75 cent premium per hour)
Why join our team?
- Competitive wages
- Great Benefits
- Team Member Discounts
- Free onsite parking
- Spacious cafeteria equipped with large refrigerators, microwaves and vending machines
- Market Cafe‚ open from 8AM-3PM, serving breakfast and lunch
- A Culture of teamwork and collaboration
What you’ll do:
- Use slot optimization and reach truck equipment to put away and replenish products to their storage and pick locations
- Play a key role in the accuracy, quality and freshness of products stored in the Distribution Centre
– Work in a variety of temperature-controlled departments ranging from -18 degrees to 14 degrees Celsius
What we are looking for:
- Certified as a Reach Truck Operator with 1-2 years of experience
– Availability to work various shifts – Evenings and weekends
– Ability to lift up to 30 – 50 lbs.
- Must have own transportation (public transportation is NOT available to the work location during working hours)
- Team Members who work safely
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
- Forklift License (if applicable)
- Pallet Truck License (if applicable)
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Longo Brother’s Fruit Markets Inc.
Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Do you have outstanding customer service skills? Are you passionate about the food industry?
If so, come join our growing team!
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they’re not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.