$21.75–$25.12 an hour – Full-time
Food Service Representative
System ID2022-29484 Job TypeFull Time LocationCredit Valley Hospital Number of Positions1 UnionizedCUPE
Position: Food Service Representative
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Posting ID: 2022-29484
Role Level: CUPEC01 $21.754 – $25.116 per hour
Status: Permanent Full Time
Site: Credit Valley Hospital
Hours of Work/Shifts: Monday – Friday (0600-1400), including some weekends
Posted: October 4, 2022
Internal Deadline: October 11, 2022
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital, the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Center at Humber. Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
- The successful candidate will be responsible for various duties related to providing patient food services that may include tasks, such as, portioning, labelling, storing, assembling, delivering and picking up patient food and supplies; delivering and picking up carts, as well as dish room and cleaning functions within Food Services.
- Valid food handlers certificate, required within 30 days
- Grade 12 education or equivalent, required
- Basic math skills required
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP) an asset
- Previous healthcare experience working in Nutrition & Food Services an asset
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Customer service skills essential
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Candidates must be flexible to work all shifts
- Be physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job
- Considerable walking, standing, bending and lifting – up to 25 lbs.
- Concentration with attention to detail, especially when assembling and delivering patient meals and snacks
- Standing for long periods of time in one spot
- Working in both hot and cold temperature environments
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications.
Where these factors are relatively equal seniority shall govern providing the successful applicant.
Trillium Health Partners’ (THP) is an equal opportunity employer who values the importance of antiracism work and is committed to integrating antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion best practices throughout THP operations, policies and culture. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We encourage all applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person to consider this opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.