- Brampton, Canada
- Warehouse & Distribution
Notify me of future jobs matching this searchLoginorRegister
Shift – Sat – Sun Nights – 4:30PM – 3:00AM
Address – 7900 Airport Road, Brampton, Ontario, Canada L6T
Pay – $21.38
$250 sign on bonus
The Forklift Operator I is primarily responsible for safely operating basic powered material handling equipment (excluding the Order Picker, Turret and Drexel) for the purpose of product receipt, storage and order fulfillment. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Full case order picking for replenishment, customer orders and packaging components.
- Pallet retrieval and put away in narrow aisle bulk rack storage system.
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of all transactions.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and cases from trucks and conveyor lines, by hand or equipment.
- Sorting and build product to pallets to ensure compliance to customer expectation.
- Use of machinery to apply shrink wrap to pallets.
- Perform a pre- and post-equipment checklist.
- Maintain accuracy of storage locations by performing daily cycle counts and routine inventory maintenance tasks.
- Perform other distribution work functions as needed due to business volume and need.
You might be a great fit if….Education/Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate powered basic material handling equipment, i.e. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.
- 6+ months previous forklift equipment experience strongly preferred, high reach equipment experience desired.
- Ability to work on equipment at extended heights.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 60 pounds.
At FedEx Supply Chain, we understand and value the diversity of our employees and are proud to be an employer with equal employment opportunities. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other group recognized by federal, provincial or local law.
FedEx Supply Chain will provide accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.Job ID: 42583