Brampton, ONTARIO, Canada
At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Domestic Customer Service Coordinator – Retail Segment is responsible for providing the best possible experience for customers shipping with CN. The incumbent liaises with various departments in Intermodal to coordinate the movement of shipments while meeting service expectations. This is a 12 months contract position.
Customer Service Coordination – 50%
· Coordinate movement of shipments from origin to destination to meet customers’ needs
· Place orders, bill and track shipments, appoint shipments for delivery, and troubleshoot shipment issues
· Evaluate and coordinate the logistical task requirements associated with the handling of rail shipments for retail customers
· Develop and communicate plans to be used for internal execution purposes
· Interact with CN dispatch and customers on a daily basis
· Monitor and track shipments including verification of status, following up on delays, potential impacts to delivery appointments
· Track shipments that have been retained at customer sites longer than specified allowance, following up with customer detention as required
Toll-Free Line and General Customer Service Coordination – 25%
· Answer calls from general customer 866 service line
· Check for proactive issue resolution
Internal Liaison – 25%
· Act as internal support for any customer issues that occur affecting other groups in Intermodal including appointment rescheduling, pick-up and delivery issues, shipment holds, invoice disputes and reporting
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday. The incumbent must be available to work varying shifts based on company requirements.
· Between 1 to 3 years experience in logistics processes related to Intermodal Markets
· Rail and truck experience
*Any experience for these above would be considered as an asset
· Post Secondary Diploma*
*Any designation for these above would be considered as an asset
· Inspires others with impactful communications and adapts to the audience
· Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to enable higher productivity
· Cultivates customer relationships to proactively support their business supply chain needs or those that support them
· Applies analytical thinking to make recommendations that pursue sustainable performance
· Makes informed and timely decisions to get things done
· Deals with pressure and change by staying calm to quickly adapt to changes
· Is agile in responding to the rapid evolution of the industry and of technology
· Ability to work independently
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
· Ability to learn and manipulate CN internal systems (Pegasus, Service Reliability System (SRS), Real Time Business Intelligence (RTBI), CN One, Pure Connect (CIC),
· Understand CN network and the different facets of moving intermodal traffic
· General knowledge of other retail accounts for back up coverage
Decision Making & Impacts
The Domestic Customer Service Coordinator – Retail Segment determines when pickup and delivery appointments are made for each shipment based on driver availability, train estimated time of arrival (ETA), equipment availability and others. The role ensures that every element is considered prior to making an appointment.
Level of Interaction/Influence
The Domestic Customer Service Coordinator – Retail Segment interacts with individuals internal and external to CN. Within the organization, the incumbent liaises with various internal departments including Asset Team, Reservation Team, Marketing, Account Managers, Optional Services and Revenues, Retail Logistics Team, Waybill Center and Information Technology (I&T). Outside of CN, the role communicates with customers.
Employees Supervised/Organizational Structure
The Domestic Customer Service Coordinator – Retail Segment reports to the Assistant Manager, Domestic Customer Service and has no supervisory responsibility.
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.