City of Brampton Brampton, ON
Contract · Entry level1,001-5,000 employees · Government Administration
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision .
DIGITIZATION CLERK (2)
POSTING NUMBER: 104259
STARTING SALARY: $950.95 per week
Area Of Responsibility
This job is responsible to coordinate and organize the digitization of records as part of Divisional projects to scan all hard copy documentation to PDF.
- Coordinate and organize the transferring of hard copy documentation, microfilm drawings and property records to the vendor for scanning.
- Create and update tracking sheets to monitor scanned files and drawings.
- Analyse the microfilm and identify the scope of work shown.
- Purge, cull, reconcile and pack existing property files and microfilm; Review existing property files, document types of records, and back-up copies.
- Attach digital property files and drawings returned from the vendor to the tracking system, and make corrections as appropriate.
- Perform quality assurance checks and conduct follow up on the digital documentation returned from the vendor.
- Act as the primary contact to internal and external customers regarding documentation that may be out for scanning and in searching for records.
- Troubleshoot issues, verify scanned copies and shred hard copy documentation that is no longer required.
- Participate as a team member and subject matter expert on the Divisional Scan Project; Provide regular updates and circulate agendas and meeting minutes.
- Train other contract staff on the project as required.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Over one year, up to and including two years of related experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Tracking Systems, such as AMANDA & ACCELA an asset.
- Accuracy and attention to detail for data entry.
- Sound judgment; good decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Union
Applications must be received by: July 26, 2021
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #104259 by July 26,2021 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact TalentAcquisition@brampton.ca or 905.874-2150 with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.