Amazon is hiring Seasonal full-time roles in Vaughan. No previous work experience or resume required.
Hourly pay rate: $16.70 – $17.70
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities, delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them. Find out what Amazon is doing to provide a safe environment for employees at this time on our COVID-19 FAQ page.
You are on your way to joining the dedicated team that gets orders ready for people relying on Amazon’s service. Earn a competitive wage while learning new skills. Stay active in this fast-paced environment.
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety purposes.
What this job will be like:
Be on the last stop before we deliver customer smiles! Delivery Station Team Members receive trucks full of orders then prepare them for delivery. As part of this team, you’ll load conveyor belts and transport and stage deliveries to be picked up by drivers. Plus, you’ll get to use the latest Amazon technology, like smartphones and handheld devices, to scan and sort the orders. These duties can rotate throughout the day, making each day a little different.
In this full-time role, you’ll work 8-10 hour shifts for 40 hours per week. Shift times will vary to ensure we meet customer-promised delivery times. Extra hours may be added to your schedule, depending on business activity. Flexibility is key.
What it’s like inside the warehouse:
- Your safety is important to us.
- We’ll give you protective gear, such as a facial covering and safety vest to wear.
- Temperature checks are being conducted at sites around the U.S. Anyone registering a temperature over the CDC-recommended 100.4F will be asked to return home and only come back to work after they’ve gone three days without a fever.
- Associates are expected to follow social distancing guidelines, participate in safety exercises such as daily stretching and share safety tips with co-workers.
- You will work around moving machines.
- You’ll be on the move for your whole shift. Your shifts will include standing in one place for long periods, walking around, and climbing stairs. You will need to wear comfortable, closed-toed, flat shoes.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures in some parts of our warehouses may vary between 60°F and 90°F. Temperatures can go over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers on hot days.
- It can get noisy. We will give you hearing protection, if you need it.
- The dress code is relaxed with a few rules to follow for safety.
You will also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during long shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, forklifts, order pickers, and other gear to move stuff around
- Go up and down stairs (for sites with stairs)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet (for some sites)
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay opportunities
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more here: https://www.amazondelivers.jobs/about/benefits
Learn more about our hiring process here:
- High school or equivalent diploma
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with applicable laws of the province. If you require accommodations, please notify us at www.amazondelivers.jobs/contactus.