Regional Municipality of Peel – Brampton, ON•Remote
Fixed term contract
Full Job Description
Customer Service Representative – 2 Positions
Public Works – Operations Support
(1) Regular Part-Time & (1) Contract Part-Time, Duration: 12 Months
As part of the Public Works Customer Service business unit, this position is the contact for external customers regarding Water Efficiency, Environmental Education, Water Quality and other Public Works Programs and Services. After hours, the CSRs also provide emergency response for situations related to the Public Works Water/Wastewater/Roads Operational Yards, Public Works Facility, Fleet & Inventory Services, Capital Construction Inspections and Environment Control.
Public Works Customer Service also provides services to Internal customers; monitoring various alarms, mailing out information, communicating with Police and Fire and completing a Central Dispatch function for the service requests documented by the Corporate Tier I Call Centre. The overnight shift is the single point of contact for calls related to Health, Peel Living, Ontario Works, Transhelp and RPAM. After hours, they are also the single point of contact for the Town of Caledon Public Works and Regulatory Services.
Public Works Customer Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year.
What you will do:
- Responding tactfully and diplomatically to incoming calls from the general public, internal staff, Police and Fire in a call centre environment
- Monitor shared email inboxes and answer or direct to the appropriate contact for resolution
- Monitoring alarms for Wastewater flow monitors, Long Term Care elevators, Real Property Asset Management and the Health Department’s vaccine fridges and dispatching alarms to the appropriate contact
- Completing a Central Dispatch function for the requests for service from one of the Operational Yards documented by the Corporate Tier I Call Centre
- Fanning out emergency notifications received from the Overall Responsible Operator, Conservation Authorities and special weather alerts
- Operating the two-way radio Voice Communications System (VCOM) and providing back-up service for all talk groups
- Assessing the level of response required for all calls, radio communication, service requests and alarms
- Providing administrative support by filling orders and completing data-entry
- Documenting and maintaining accurate records of all communication and activities
- Relaying information on behalf of the callers for other Regional employees for resolution where applicable
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Other duties as assigned
What we require:
- Secondary school diploma, combined with a minimum one-year office experience, preferably in a front-line call centre environment
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Ability to assess calls, identify issues and respond quickly and appropriately
- Detail oriented to maintain accurate records
- Collaborative team player and able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must be able to read maps
- Previous exposure to multi-lined phones and two-way radios would be an asset
- Experience using Hansen and iPal would be considered an asset
- Must be available to work an assortment of shifts including evenings, overnight, weekends and holidays
- Availability on weekdays also would be considered an asset
- Must be available to participate in the CSR on Stand-by program
Location: In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 2 Copper Road, Brampton, ON worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
Hours of Work: 17.5 hours per week, starting at 4:00pm. Hours will include overnight weekdays, 24/7 weekend coverage and holidays.
*Please note Regular Part-Time position is required to be a part of the CSR on-stand-by program*
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we’re focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
The Region of Peel is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is respected and valued for their contributions, and where everyone is treated fairly and has opportunity to grow and develop. As one of the most diverse regions in Canada, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the population we serve.
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact email@example.com. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.