Full Job Description
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Why is this role important?
The Customer Experience Specialist at Nofrills is responsible for the delivery & execution of core divisional programs, aligning the National business initiatives and ensuring the training infrastructure is present and implemented across all departments. The role of the Specialist is to support the stores on Process and Program implementation The CES works closely with the District Manager to help deliver results influenced by process or program.
The goal of the CES is to ensure a positive and seamless customer experience in our stores by identifying any opportunities within store performance, support stores on new projects & process improvement initiatives as well as ensuring any training gaps are addressed. The Specialist will laisse with various cross-functional teams including, Merchandising, Pricing, Promotions, Allocations, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams to ensure communication & execution of the National standards for all programs and processes while sharing best practices across stores
A nofrills CES has a passion for the business, solid operational experience and a desire to make a difference helping Franchise Owners support their employees in their development and to build accountability, drive results & provide a positive customer experience.
- Subject Matter Expert for stores related to SAP, IPFR, BOSS, Planograms maintenance, Replenishment, Receiving (BDR), Perpetual Inventory & Sweda Mart.
- Support stores with product flow from receiving to point-of-sale. Ensure receiving best practices and procedures are being followed; Liaise regularly with receiving personnel, vendor resolution, DSD schedule uploads, ASN vendor review
- Identify opportunities to further develop and implement improved retail ordering and inventory management methods
- Provide stores with the required operational direction in support of ordering and replenishment systems knowledge
- Provide input into the development, testing, revision and implementation of improved processes or standards through innovation in SAP upgrades and recommendations at reducing operating costs and improving accuracy in inventory management
- Planogram Process review – up-to-date and accurate, execution, compliance, LMV assortment support, assistance with assortment/NOF issues and resolution across the total store.
- Reinforce the PACE disciplines for all store departments. Reinforce operating procedures and prepare and deliver additional instruction as required to build technical and operational knowledge
- Remain current on business systems technologies; their applications and risk observed in retail operations to General Managers
- Assist owners with understanding SAP Security Protocol by ensuring their employees are appropriately loaded into the Employee Lifecycle Manager (ELM) IT system
- Provide STAS training and Demand curve subject matter experts
- Provide Pay-Roll liaison and trainers for store input
- Provide Bookkeeper training and BDR process to customer statement input and reconciliation
- Franchisee liaison to daily operational SAP questions and troubleshooting to emailed/phone concerns. Detailed communication trail for stakeholders to rectify any items that require additional support.
- Demonstrated excellence in serving our customers
- Perpetual Inventory Management experience (system knowledge of SAP, IPFR, PI Practices, Planograms, Replenishment and Sweda Mart)
- Retail leadership & management experience
- Experienced in coaching, leading and motivating others
- Excellent problem solving, communication, organizational, facilitation, presentation, project management and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and decisions
- Strong team player with self-discipline and motivation to work independently
- Strong diagnostic analytical skills (Root cause analysis)
- Willingness to travel
- Reflective of Loblaw Culture, Leadership Behaviours and Shared Values
Key Measures (Performance indicators):
- OSAT district vs. banner – District Manager & Franchisee support
- District and Individual Store Performance (Focus store and Operational Process Scorecard)
- Store Standards execution supporting District Manager, Franchisee & Franchise employees
- LCL Operational Dashboard (OVP Scorecard) – PI Accuracy, Hole Count, Manual Orders, Shop Floor Walks, Planogram Compliance
- P&L Performance – Sales, Shrink (scrapping), Labour Management, Controllable Expenses
- Systems Process Management – Service Now, ELM, SAP, IPFR, BOSS, Planograms maintenance, Replenishment, Receiving (BDR), Perpetual Inventory & Sweda Mart.
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Type of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.