JOB TITLE: COURIER
DEPARTMENT: FACILITIES OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
POSTING NUMBER: 104828
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Temporary 12-months
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: City Hall
SALARY GRADE: 7
STARTING SALARY: $969.85 per week
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: June 6, 2022
CLOSING DATE: June 13, 2022
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Coordinator, Operations Property Management, responsible for the collection and distribution of City and Brampton Library mail and related materials. Required to operate City of Brampton vehicle to perform courier function.
- Responsible for the daily pickup and delivery of City of Brampton and Brampton Library mail and related materials to locations external to City Hall.
- Maintain work vehicle as per COB policies; perform vehicle inspections, complete reports, ensure gas and fluid levels are maintained and report any issues as they arise.
- Deliver agendas and City related materials to City Councillor member’s homes.
- Must provide excellent customer service; will be required to answer customer enquiries, provide instructions regarding labelling standards, track and monitor shipments, and be aware of delivery timelines and schedules.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lb packages.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Over two (2) months up to and including six (6) months of related experience.
- Full non-probationary class G driver’s License.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above (use for iCIMS) OR at: www.brampton.ca/employment (use for external websites/job boards) quoting reference #104828 by June 13, 2022 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.