Location: Scarborough (Business Centre), ON (50 Thermos Rd)
Description of position:
Stocks and straightens merchandise for sale in the warehouse. Clears and cleans aisles, assists members.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Follows merchandising standards and practices. Aligns product, collects and returns stray items, stocks to maintain high product levels.
- Communicates with supervisors and managers to determine merchandising plan and priorities. Writes list of products to be brought from steel, by forklift driver, for stocking.
- Uses box knife to cut boxes for display/accessibility of product and to cut twine or shrink-wrap from pallet. Wraps or ties and tags pallets to be returned to steel.
- Stocks opened cases on shelves. Moves and positions pallets of merchandise using manual pallet jack. Stacks product from partial pallets onto full pallets.
- Creates computer-generated signs. Observes and ensures correct product signage. Marks unmarked product with item number using marking gun.
- Sets up display models, assembling as necessary. Modifies displays for safe handling by members, e.g., bolting heavy equipment, taping blade edges. Follows all safety and security procedures.
- Pulls loose cardboard and slip-sheets from floor. Clears sales floor of debris and sweeps. Removes empty pallets from the sales floor. Operates cardboard bailer and trash compactor. Rewraps loose product using shrink-wrap machine.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service. Helps members to load large items into their cart, directs members to products, relates product status knowledge.
Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates must possess):
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: None.
- Experience: None.
- Knowledge/Skills: None.
Knowledge and talents recommended for job success:
NOTE: For postings in Quebec locations, candidates must be able to communicate in French (oral and written).